But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Let It Go............

    My younger kids love the movie Frozen and as I find myself doing housework  the lyrics and songs come into my head LOL  .  Here is a cute little piece I found on the internet the other day ! Too funny but in a way I"m sure many parents can relate to this since the movie Frozen came out !
 

 
A FEW EXCERPTS FROM A DAD'S  DIARY:

================

12/07/2013:  We took the kids to see “Frozen” today. It was a cute movie and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. There were even a couple of catchy songs in it. A pleasant day for sure.

================

12/10/2013: I went ahead and bought the “Frozen” soundtrack for the kids on iTunes today. I think they’ll probably enjoy singing along with some of the songs from that movie. They’re cute songs, I have to admit!

================

12/21/2013: Well, the kids definitely like the “Frozen” soundtrack - hahaha! Wow, they listen to it a lot. I guess we picked a winner with that one! Fun to see them so happy.

================

12/31/2013: LOL - man, we sure do listen to the music from “Frozen” a lot. But, kids will be kids. I remember always liking the repetition of things as a kid. I’m sure that’s normal, no biggie.

================

01/10/2014: Huh, “Frozen” again today. About 15 times in a row. I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to get tired of this? The songs are starting to be a little less charming than they were before.

================

01/15/2014: It seems like “Frozen” is all we listen to anymore. It’s certainly all they request. Sometimes I wonder if they’ll ever listen to anything else?

================

01/22/2014: Shocker - we’re listening to “Let it Go” again. Never heard that one before. And they’re also into singing it now. They know all the words. Every five minutes they’re singing it. And they each want a turn, so it’s always twice - twice in a row… always twice.

================

02/02/2014: Seriously - they won’t stop. Make them stop. I think I need them to stop. At least some of the time, just listen to something else. Please, something else.

================

02/13/2014: I had a dream last night. In my dream, everyone was singing “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” I kept yelling, “NO!” But no one would listen. They just kept singing. I’m starting to wonder if I might need help?

================

02/28/2014: Tonight the kids put on a “talent show.” I was so excited to see their talents - but guess what - it just turned into a another “Frozen” sing along! I couldn’t believe it. They just…kept…singing. I think I really am losing it… Help me…

================

03/13/2014: Went to see the doctor today, but was released with no diagnosis. Got in the car to drive home and “Frozen” was playing over the radio. Turned the channel, still “Frozen.” Went home and found the kids dressed up and playing “Frozen” - while singing “Frozen” songs. Scheduled another appointment with the doctor for tomorrow.

================

03/26/2014: Sometimes I wish I was deaf. I think about that a lot these days.

================

04/07/2014: The songs are driving me crazy. I guess I need to just let it go. “Let it Go” - see… there, I said the title of a “Frozen” song accidentally! It’s worked its way into my life. It’s in everything I do. Dear God, please help me - I am infected and I need intervention.

================

04/16/2014: There is no other way out. I am on the floor, in the fetal position. My kids dance around me, singing songs from “Frozen” at the top of their lungs. Maybe if I’m still they’ll go away. Maybe if I make no sound, they’ll go to another room. Maybe… just maybe…

================

04/23/2014: I lay here in darkness. It is late. But I lay here, thinking of my life, the lyrics of “First Time in Forever” going through my head. I lay here waiting. Patiently waiting and praying for the sweet release of death…
 
 
  Great movie for a fun family night ! Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did ! 


                                                            GIGI

No comments:

Post a Comment