But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bountiful Harvest


  I love when Fall arrives and with it comes so much beauty as well as harvesting your wonderful fresh garden vegetables. This is my first year to have a garden in 12 yrs. I actually got a really late start on it after my eye surgery ,so things didn't get planted until the middle of July and into August!
   I am already reaping the benefits of the hard work we put into planting tomatoes , green beans , zucchini, peas, yellow squash. The okra, cantaloupe and watermelon are just now starting to produce and hopefully we will get to enjoy them soon as well. The pumpkins on the other hand I don't know if we will get to see them get very big before the cold weather sets in. Right now they are just starting to get a little pumpkin bud on them :)
 Today I spent time chopping , shredding , and blanching vegis to freeze for the winter. Here are a few pics of the process

Yellow Squash preparing to freeze



 
 

 




           Zuchinni 
 
 
 
 

Chopping tomatoes to freeze too !




So that sums up what I got accomplished today . Along with the windows opened it made for a beautiful Fall day . I was able to put away quite a bit and  I'm looking forward to seeing more vegis produce in my little garden!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
GIGI
 

No comments:

Post a Comment