But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Prepration for Thanksgiving

       Usually I host Thanksgiving dinner for 20+ people and it takes me a couple of days of preparation for it ,but This year I am not hosting  and so it will just be our family of six. I will miss not being with extended family this year but it will be nice just to relax and enjoy some downtime for once on a holiday !
       Of course my family still wants all the yummy things that go along with  the Thanksgiving meal , and they will all get made ,but this year I am hardly lifting a finger to help .......That's is the food prep, I have been doing some dishes today ! :)
       My second oldest son decided that he would like to try his hand out making a Thanksgiving meal , and so I relinquished the job to him, with barely any supervision and he has come through with flying colors today ! This was one proud Mama! 
      Now some of you may think "WHAT, Your letting a kid make your meal!" Yep, the nice thing is I have been letting my kids do things since they were really little! I'm preparing them to one day be able to know how to cook weather they get married or not. LOL
      Anyway  my son had a great day preparing our Thanksgiving meal for tomorrow, in fact he enlisted his 2 younger brother to peel 10 lbs of apples and 5 lbs of potatoes for him which I thought was amazing! What a blessed Mom I am and so I give Thanks for my wonderful boys on this Thanksgiving eve night!
     Our meal tomorrow will consist of
 ~ Turkey
~ Dressing
 ~ Mashed  Tators and gravy
~ Green bean casserole
~ Broccoli & rice casserole
~ Cranberry sauce
~ Rolls
~ Cheesecake (Pecan & Cherry)
~ Apple Pie
~ Pecan Pie
~ Pumpkin Pie

















  So what do you do for Thanksgiving and what are some of your favorite foods and traditions? Hope you all have Blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy your time spent with family ! 


GIGI

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Glenda! I think you have just started a wonderful tradition. Exposing kids in a non traditional way on a very traditional holiday gives them the opportunity to experience new things, learn new skills, and spark new interests. You may have a little chef in the making! Now I have to get to work - I don't have any kids here to help me!

    ReplyDelete