Surprise, I'm coming clean! Of course as a Mom I am not always Thankful ! I grumble and complain at my husband that we don't EVER spend time together (that is not true of course), I tell my kids that they never help me ( not true again) and oh no, I raise my voice from time to time out of frustration (shocking ).
I see friends traveling , going places and doing things I want to do and once again I am being ungrateful and not Thankful! The flowers were not good enough, that wasn't the restaurant I wanted to go to, really you got that for me etc.
There are many things that I realize that I have done this month to display me not being Thankful, and I am ashamed as a Mom that I have allowed my kids to see that ! Everyday is a new day for grace, and today I realized that no matter what my mistakes and how much I have been ungrateful , and not given Thanks for everything and everyone around me, I can start afresh and I don't have to carry those mistakes with me.
I am Thankful for grace, forgiveness , my family , and the hope of a new day with my amazing boys who make life interesting and never dull. For all the sweet hugs and "I Love you Mom's", to the pictures of art that are specifically made for me to display on my walls, and the little wildflowers/weeds that my son brings me , That and so much more .
This month is almost gone but if you are like me and haven't been as Thankful as you should have been , It's not too late. Tomorrow is a New day!
GIGI
Hi Gigi!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Maria and man, what a beautiful blog you have! I love your creativity and use of color and imagery. Being a visionary/photographer/writer myself, I always love finding good blogs, glad I stumbled upon you! I write and shoot for an organization called “Danita’s Children”. We run an orphanage, school, feeding program and most recently, a 3-story pediatric hospital in Ouanaminthe, Haiti. We are always looking for more supporters and people to spread our message and mission of rescuing, loving and caring for orphans and impoverished children, if this is something you would be interested in, please check out our website (currently under construction, about to have a whole new look!) http://www.danitaschildren.org, or our Facebook page: Danita’s Children. If you’re on instagram, we post photos at least every other day at @danitaschildren. I would love for you to check us out and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me personally: maria@danitaschildren.org. Thank you and have a great day!