The New Year is here and the kiddos are back to school , so it's time for some decluttering and organizing. It's crazy how much one person can accumulate over a year , let alone a family of 6. This isn't a 1 day project either, especially for us.
All those school papers that come home with your kids along with those amazing artistic pictures that my boys have made over the last year, I have to carefully go through them and decide a few to keep ,and then take pics of all the rest to store on a disc. I never do this when they are here, due to them becoming very upset if they saw me trashing their art that they made just for Mom.
It's unbeliveable how quickly my kids closets and drawers full of clothes become very disorganized, even though they are neatly folded and laid on their bed to be put away. I use to put them away myself , but mow they are old enough to be doing it themselves. If they can live with their messy clothes stuffed in their drawers and their closet full of clothes not neatly sized and colorized in order like Mom likes it, then I guess I can live with it for a few months until I start my twice to three times a year organization . I always do short sleeves to long sleeves ,from light to dark, decals to stripes/prints, dress to casual, to play clothes.
Toys are another task that isn't too hard for me anymore. When they were younger I use to want to keep and store every single toy because of all the memories they held, but I have learned that it's impossible to do that (unless your a hoarder), which is easy to become if your not careful. LOL Now I just do it when they are gone, because honestly they really never miss it unless they see it. Anything that I know or see that they haven't played with over the past 6 months will go in the trash or Goodwill bag.
There is so much to do with the Decluttering and Organizing project. I will eventually head to my kitchen next and other rooms throughout the next week, but it will all eventually get completed and I will give a sigh of relief when it is all done. It's something that will keep me very busy and that is something that I enjoy.
If your in the same decluttering and organizing mode like I am , and you find it hard to get rid of something, just ask yourself the question, is it something that I need and will it/I/kids be using it within the next 2 months. Things that most people collect and seem to accumulate is clothes, paper/junk mail, toys, books, craft items, containers etc. Happy organizing and decluttering because your house will look better and you will feel better organized as well.
GIGI
Love this Glenda! I tend to do my organizing throughout the year but it's nice when it's done. I've been focusing on simplifying and it has made for a much more peaceful home.
ReplyDelete