But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, January 16, 2014

~The Bakery~

It seems to me that when I try new recipes and they turn out to be a hit, my family always wants me to make more of the yummy item the very next day ! Honestly it's like I am in a bakery when I'm doing this, but I enjoy it alot and love to bake and cook  for my family, especially when they LOVE it !
A new recipe I tried out was Pretzels. I actually have never made homemade pretzels , but I am sure glad I did! This recipe was a BIG HIT, and so far I have made it twice in 3 days ! :)

These Pretzels are so Yummy . My family says they taste just as good as Auntie Anns!





Another big hit in my home is Banana Bread and it always go fast! I usually double or triple the recipe when making this because of that , so it can be around longer than 2 hrs ! That is how it is when there are 5 guys in the house!


Fresh out of the oven is always the best !       

Banana Bread     
 I am posting these recipes and hope you enjoy them just as much as our family does


 



Soft Baked Pretzels


 



Ingredients:

DOUGH:
 6 teaspoons instant dry yeast
 3 cups warm water (about 105 degrees F)
 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
 8 cups all-purpose flour
 2 teaspoon salt
CRUST:
 1 1/2 cup water
4 teaspoons baking soda
coarse sea salt or kosher salt
1 stick butter, melted

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the yeast, warm water and sugar. Add in the flour and salt and knead until smooth (you can use your hands, or you can use a stand mixer with the dough hook for this part).
2. Grease a second bowl with nonstick cooking spray/oil and place the dough into the bowl. Cover with greased plastic wrap  and let rise for 40 minutes in a warm place.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease your cookie/baking sheets.
4. Divide the dough into 16 to 20 equal parts. Roll each part into a rope about 24 to 26 inches long and form into a pretzel shape.
5. In a shallow pan/cake pan, combine water and baking soda. Submerge each pretzel in the water and then place on the prepared greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt. Let the pretzels rise for 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush each hot baked pretzel with melted butter immediately after taking them out of the oven.



Banana Bread



Ingredients:
  1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
 1 egg
3 bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil
 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 raisins /dried fruit like diced figs or apricots


Directions: In a bowl or stand mixer combine egg, bananas, sugar, cooking oil,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and mix well for about 2 min. Then add your flour. Once mixed fold in your nuts and dried fruit .
 Pour batter into the prepared greased pan.  Bake in a 350 degree oven 50-55 minutes (depending how hot your oven runs) or till a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool on rack.
 Hope you all enjoy 
   Until next time ! 
                                                         GIGI









No comments:

Post a Comment